Hi. Thank you for your question and reaching out. I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.
The error message "Test Connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Client unable to establish connection TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" usually indicates that there is an issue with the connection between your client and the remote host. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check network connectivity: Make sure that your computer is connected to the network and that you can access other network resources.
- Check the remote host availability: Make sure that the remote host is online and responding to requests.
- Check the firewall settings: Make sure that your firewall is not blocking the connection. You can temporarily disable the firewall to see if that resolves the issue.
- Check the Remote Desktop settings: Make sure that Remote Desktop is enabled on the remote host and that the correct port is being used.
- Check the Remote Desktop credentials: Make sure that you are using the correct username and password to connect to the remote host.
- Check the Remote Desktop protocol: Make sure that you are using the correct Remote Desktop protocol (RDP) version.
- Check the network cable: Make sure the network cable is properly plugged in and not damaged.
- Check the router: Make sure the router is functioning properly and not blocking the connection.
- Check the DNS settings: Make sure that the DNS settings are correct.
- Check if there is a VPN connection: If you are using a VPN, make sure that it is configured correctly and that the connection is stable
If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may need to contact your network administrator or the remote host administrator for further assistance.
If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as answer, thank you.