Hi. Thank you for your question and reaching out. I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.
There are a few possible reasons why the printer is not being recognized by the Windows Server 2016 print server. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check the printer name: Make sure that the printer name is entered correctly and that it matches the name of the printer on the network.
- Check the printer address: Ensure that the printer address is correct and that the printer is connected to the network and turned on.
- Check the network connection: Make sure that the print server and the printer are connected to the same network and that there are no connectivity issues.
- Check the printer drivers: Make sure that the correct printer drivers are installed on the print server. You can try to download the latest drivers from the printer manufacturer's website and install them on the server.
- Check the Firewall: Make sure the firewall is configured to allow network printing and the ports are open.
- Check the Print Spooler: Restarting the Print Spooler service on the server may resolve the issue.
- Check the Print Server Properties: Go to the Print Server Properties and make sure that the printer is shared and the share name is correct.
- If none of the above steps help, try to add the printer as a local printer and then connect to it as a network printer.
If you still cannot connect to the printer, you may need to contact the printer manufacturer or a network administrator for further assistance.
If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as answer, thank you.