Unable to Retire Certain Devices in Intune

Anthony Banks 0 Reputation points
2023-02-28T18:31:49.7166667+00:00

I am in the process of retiring some Mac OS devices out of our Intune portal however i notice several devices always return a Retire Failed once the device checks in. The command works flawlessly on about 85% of devices but the other 15% just refuse to retire no matter how many times I try. I'm pretty new to Intune so it very well could be user error however I am unable to find a solution for this anywhere.

Microsoft Intune MacOs
Microsoft Intune MacOs
Microsoft Intune: A Microsoft cloud-based management solution that offers mobile device management, mobile application management, and PC management capabilities.MacOs: A family of Apple operating systems for the Apple Mac line of computers.
65 questions
Microsoft Intune
Microsoft Intune
A Microsoft cloud-based management solution that offers mobile device management, mobile application management, and PC management capabilities.
4,303 questions
0 comments No comments
{count} votes

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lu Dai-MSFT 28,341 Reputation points
    2023-03-01T01:44:10.8233333+00:00

    @Anthony Banks Thanks for posting in our Q&A.

    Honestly, not sure why some macOS devices failed. It seems needed to check some logs to find the cause. With Q&A limitation, Q&A is not a good channel for such issue. It is suggested to create an online support ticket to get more help. Here is the support link:

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/get-support

    Or you can do "delete" action to instead "Retire" action, it will remove these devices immediately.

    Hope it will give you some ideas.


    If the answer is the right solution, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    0 comments No comments