Hello Connor Maddox,
Thanks for posting!
As per my research, the "MdbReplicationProtectionUtilizationMonitor is unhealthy" error message refers to throttling issue with error code 503.
When it comes to MS Graph API throttling, we suggest:
- Reduce the number of operations per request.
- Reduce the frequency of calls.
- Avoid immediate retries, because all requests accrue against your usage limits.
There are some best practices to avoid the throttling while using the Graph API requests.
- Wait the number of seconds specified in the retry-after header.
- Retry the request.
- If the request fails again with a 429-error code, you are still being throttled. Continue to use the recommended retry-after delay and retry the request until it succeeds.
If no retry-after header is provided by the response, we recommend implementing an exponential backoff retry policy. You can also implement more advanced patterns when building large-scale applications.
Refer this document for more details- Microsoft Graph throttling guidance - Microsoft Graph | Microsoft Learn
Also, we have some service specific limits in regards with different O365 workloads. Please refer this Microsoft document for this- Service specific Limit
Hope this helps.
If the answer is helpful, please click Accept Answer and kindly upvote. If you have any further questions about this answer, please click Comment.