Hi @Sean Kuchle ,
You can try the following method to add metadata to search results.
- Activate Publishing Feature both at Site collection features and Site Features page.
- Get the Managed Property name for your list column. You can verify it from Site settings >> Click on “Search schema “under the “Site Collection Administration” section. Use search to enter the name of your property and verify its mapping.
- Open the site collection in SharePoint Designer, and navigate to folder “Search” folder under “Display Templates”.
- Copy and paste: Item_default.html file, and rename the copied file into something relevant. E.g., “IC_Documents.html”
- Edit the IC_documents.html file in SharePoint Designer
- Change the “Title” Tag value to: <title>IC Documents</title>
- Append your Metadata property to the “ManagedPropertyMapping” tag.
- Add your custom property in <Body> section next to ” #=ctx.RenderBody(ctx)=# “
- Save and close the file.
- Edit Results.aspx page, edit the “Search Results” web part, and set its display template: Under properties, set the “Use a single template to display items” option and select “IC Documents” from the list. Click OK and stop editing the search results page.
- That’s all.
For more information, please refer to:
Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.
Regarding whether PowerApps can meet your needs, I suggest you start a new discussion via the Power Apps Community so that you can get dedicated support on this issue.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.