This issue is typically caused by AppLocker, a built-in Windows security feature, which blocks the execution of an application or file. Additionally, a similar restriction may have been imposed by your domain administrator.
you can try below steps if it helps
- Log in as an administrator and open the Settings app.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Select Windows Security from the left menu.
- On the opened page, click on Virus & threat protection.
- Under Advanced threat protection, click on App & browser control.
- Here, you can see the list of applications that are blocked. If there is any information that it has been blocked, select it and click on the "Remove" button.
If you cannot resolve your issue here, you can use a group policy editor to check the AppLocker settings. You can also contact your domain administrator.
Alternatively, you can try to solve this issue by using the Control Panel instead of the Settings app. In the Control Panel, click on Administrative Tools and select AppLocker.