I seem to have everything working except running a SSAS Tabular cube refresh from SQL server based on a ALIAS name.
SQL Server 2019, DNS & SQL Server alias configured to use CubesDEV alias.
- First test, connected with SSMS support SupportDEV to the analysis services CubesDev. This works fine.
- Manual refresh started from SSMS. This works fine
- Created a credential and proxy to use as the run as in a SQL server Analysis Services Command
- Added credential user to Server Administrators role (I now high level but is for testing now)
- Created a SQL Server Analysis Services Command job step to refresh database
- Used real servername SRV001
- Started job, works fine
- Changed job step to use server alias CubesDEV do get error:
The basic question is: Why can I connect to the SSAS Tabular instance based on real and alias server name with SSMS and run the proces cube. Can I also do this in a SQL agent job based on the real server name but not based on the server Alias?