@Nikki B ,
There are many benefits as a result of saving meeting recordings to OneDrive/SharePoint instead of Stream including:
- Retention policies for Teams meeting recording (TMR) (S+C E5 auto retention labels)
- Benefit from OneDrive for Business and SharePoint information governance
- Easy to set permissions and sharing
- Share recordings with guests (external users) with explicit share only
- Request access flow
- Provide OneDrive for Business and SharePoint shared links
- Increased quota
- Meeting recordings are available faster
- Go local tenant support
- Multi-geo support – recordings are stored in a region specific to that user
- Bring your own key (BYOK) support
- Improved Transcript quality and speaker attribution
It welcomes you to give any feedback in Teams UserVoice about this new feature.
Microsoft will always focus on customer’s feedback and experience. Some new features would be added or modified to the services based on customers' feedback in the future, and your good ideas will be very helpful for them to improve the service.
Your time, understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated.
If the response is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.