Hi, @zahid muhammad
Thank you for posting in Microsoft Q&A forum.
The error message "You do not have permission to view this directory or page" typically indicates that the user does not have the necessary permissions to access the deployed application. Here are some possible causes and solutions based on the limited information you provided:
- Check that the application is deployed to the correct directory on the server. If the application is not deployed to the correct directory, it may not be accessible to users. You can check the location of the deployed application in the relevant configuration files on the server.
- Check that the appropriate permissions are set for the user to access the application directory. If the user does not have the necessary permissions, they will not be able to access the application. You can check the permissions by right-clicking on the directory and selecting "Properties" > "Security".
- Check the identity and permissions of the application pool that is running the application. The application pool identity may need to be changed to a user with the appropriate permissions to access the application directory. You can do this in the "Advanced Settings" of the application pool.
- Check whether there are any issues with web deployment tool. Possible Cause could be insufficient permissions. Ensure that the user performing the Web Deploy operation has administrative permissions or the Web Deploy could fail due to insufficient permission. Troubleshooting common problems with web deploy provides a comprehensive guide for common problems with Web Deploy.
If the above solutions do not solve the problem, additional information such as the technology stack used, deployment methodology, configuration files would help achieve a greater understanding of the root issue.
- Troubleshooting Common Problems with Web Deploy: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/publish/troubleshooting-web-deploy/troubleshooting-common-problems-with-web-deploy
- Known Issues with Deploying an Application: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/technical-guides/known-issues-with-deploying-an-application
If the answer is the right solution, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Add comment".