Hi @Wojciech Anioł ,
Can you share which error you are facing and at which point during the deletion you encounter this error? To cancel an Azure account, you first need to cancel and delete your Azure subscription.
To cancel a subscription, you need to sign in with an account with subscription Owner permissions and do the following:
- In the Azure portal, navigate to Cost Management + Billing.
- In the left menu, select either Subscriptions or Azure subscriptions, depending on which is available to you. If you have a support plan, it's shown in the list.
- Select the subscription that you want to cancel.
- At the top of page, select Cancel.
- If you have any resources associated with the subscription, they're shown on the page. At the top of the page, select Cancel subscription.
Then, to delete the subscription, you may need to wait at least 15 minutes and then go to Azure portal > Subscriptions > your subscription > and select Delete.
Once your subscription is deleted, you can delete your account in one of two ways:
- If you have an Azure Active Directory account via your organization, the Azure AD administrator needs to delete the account.
- If you don't have an Azure AD account via your organization, you can cancel then delete your Azure subscriptions, and then remove your credit card from the account. While the action doesn't delete the account, it renders it inoperable. You can go a step further and also delete the associated Microsoft account if it's not being used for any other purpose.
If you need to delete an Azure tenant, you can follow the steps in Delete an Azure Active Directory Tenant to remove it:
- Sign in to the Azure portal with an account that is the Global Administrator for your organization.
- Select Azure Active Directory.
- On a tenant's Overview page, select Manage tenants.
- Select the checkbox for the tenant that you want to delete, and then select Delete.
- If your organization doesn't pass one or more checks, you'll get a link to more information on how to pass and clear any dependencies from the tenant. After you pass all checks, select Delete to complete the process.
If you face any unexpected issue following these steps, you can also create a support ticket from the portal under the Subscriptions section:
If you were able to get the information you need, please Accept the answer. This will help us as well as others in the community who may be researching similar questions.