Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A Platform. Thank you for reaching out & I hope you are doing well.
I understand that you would like to migrate from GoDaddy to Azure.
You must make note of an important note before doing so.
- Azure is not a domain registrar.
- Azure can only host a domain - the domain will always be owned by a different registrar and not Azure
- To Host your DNS Zone : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/dns/dns-delegate-domain-azure-dns
- Suppose you buy the domain
contoso.comfrom a domain name registrar and then create a zone with the name
contoso.comin Azure DNS. Since you're the owner of the domain, your registrar offers you the option to configure the name server (NS) records for your domain. The registrar stores the NS records in the
.comparent zone. Internet users around the world are then directed to your domain in your Azure DNS zone when they try to resolve DNS records in
- Since Azure is not a domain registrar, I am afraid email capabilities will not be as efficient as the domain registrar's.
- You can always use your AAD Account
- Or for your applications, to provide email capability, you can consider Azure Communication Services
- You must consider using Azure App Services or Azure App Service Environment
- You can use this site : https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/products/app-service/migration-tools/ to check if App Service can support the frame works involved.
- You might be required to use Migration Assistants depending upon your application.
Hope this helps.