Hello, @Yagnavalkya Siva Prasad Manchi (and @Martin)!
Edit: Solution from @Martin:
In our case, the service 'Azure Site Recovery VSS Provider' was set to "Manual" rather than "Automatic" by default. After a change of the behaviour, replication health returned to normal/ healthy state.
Why am I running into the
VSS writer ASR Writer failed with error 0x800423f2 during After DoSnapshotSet phase on the source machine. error on SQL Server?
This is a question that has come up before and there are some troubleshooting steps you can take to address this:
- What OS are you using on your VM (is this SQL Server)? There is a known issue with SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Have you patched/updated your VMs recently? Some known issues have been addressed with older patches.
- Was another backup taking place? If VSS was in use then it would cause a conflict that could cause this error.
- Are you using third party software? This might cause a conflict with VSS.
- Have these been rebooted recently? Rebooting can clear bad states on the VM that may be responsible for the error.
Edit: Solution above from Martin.
I hope this has been helpful! Your feedback is important so please take a moment to accept answers.
If you still have questions, please let us know what is needed in the comments so the question can be answered. Thank you for helping to improve Microsoft Q&A!