The error message "agent has an unknown failure 2114" indicates that there is an issue with the Azure Monitoring agent.
To troubleshoot this issue, I would recommend you to follow the below steps:
- Check if the Azure Monitoring agent is installed on the Windows server machine. If not, install the agent and try configuring VM Insights again.
- Ensure that the Log Analytics workspace ID you are trying to add is correct and the workspace is configured for VM Insights. You can refer to the document "Configure Log Analytics workspace for VM insights" for more information on how to configure the workspace.
- Check if the Azure Monitoring agent has the required permissions to access the Log Analytics workspace. Ensure that the agent has the "Log Analytics Contributor" role assigned to it.
- Verify if the Windows server machine is connected to the internet and can communicate with Azure. You can use tools like ping or telnet to test the connectivity.
- Check if there are any firewall or network security group rules that might be blocking the communication between the Windows server machine and Azure.
- If you have already tried the above steps and still facing the issue, I would recommend you to contact Microsoft Azure Support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with more specific troubleshooting steps based on your environment and configuration.
<If this response has answered your query, please 'Accept as Answer' and Upvote>