B2C UTF8 characters display error in JavaScript with Umlaute: ä,ö,ü, etc.

Dominique Bös 0 Reputation points
2023-10-16T09:11:46.19+00:00

Hi support team,

can anyone help me with the Azure B2C? We need to show German "Umlaute" example: ä,ö,ü, etc. In the XML-Files I added a XML header with UTF8. Also in the custom HTML templates I added the header meta tag with UTF8, But the reloaded JS is not UTF8 or the umlauts chars are encoded. see both screenshots. How can I solved this display issue? Thanks for help. The relaunch day is thursday.Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-15 um 17.28.04

Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-15 um 17.28.30

Microsoft Entra ID
Microsoft Entra ID
A Microsoft Entra identity service that provides identity management and access control capabilities. Replaces Azure Active Directory.
19,909 questions
{count} votes

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. James Hamil 22,431 Reputation points Microsoft Employee
    2023-10-17T16:12:08.0466667+00:00

    Hi @Dominique Bös , please try the following for me and let me know if it helps:

    1. Make sure you have enabled language customization in your user flow.
    2. Ensure that the German language (de) is enabled in your user flow.
    3. Download the default JSON file for the German language and customize the strings containing "Umlaute".
    4. Verify that your custom HTML templates have the correct UTF-8 meta tag in the header.

    If you still face issues, you can try using HTML entities for "Umlaute" characters in the JSON file:

    • ä: ä
    • ö: ö
    • ü: ü

    Remember to save and upload the modified JSON file back to your user flow.

    Please let me know if you have any questions and I can help you further.

    If this answer helps you please mark "Accept Answer" so other users can reference it.

    Thank you,

    James

    0 comments No comments