Hi @PeterT ,
Thank you for using the Microsoft Q&A.
I understand that you are having trouble connecting to your compute cluster in Azure Machine Learning Studio via SSH. I can help you with that.
To connect to your compute cluster, you need to know the IP address of the virtual machine (VM) that is running the cluster. However, you mentioned that you are unable to find the IP address using the "az resource show --ids..." command.
Here are the steps you can follow to connect to your compute cluster:
- Create your Compute Cluster with nodes > 0 and set your ADMIN Password during the creation.
- Once the "Compute Cluster" is ready, Go to the Compute > Computer clusters > Select the compute cluster > Nodes. In the nodes, Copy the "Connection string" (eg :
ssh azureuser@<PUBLIC_IP> -p 50000or with
- Open the terminal and paste the below command and hit ENTER.
- You need to follow the steps of authentication by clicking on the Microsoft auth link and give the password code displayed on the screen.
- Then paste the command you got from Step 2.
- You will be prompted for password.
- Enter the password you SET in Step 1 (It doesn't show the password on screen, as you type. Just type your password and hit ENTER).
Finally, you should be able to see the below screen.
Hope this helps. Do let us know if you any further queries.
If this answers your query, do click
Accept Answer and
Yes for was this answer helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.