Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A Platform. Thank you for reaching out & I hope you are doing well.
From the verbatim, I take it that you are interested in the difference between Azure Private DNS Zone and DNS Zone.
- Azure DNS Zone is used to provide DNS resolutions for requests coming from the Internet.
- Azure DNS Private Zone is used to provide DNS resolution for requests coming in from Private network (RFC 1918)
Azure DNS Zone:
- To use Azure DNS Zone, you must first delegate the domain to Azure
- i.e., you have to own the domain
- Any service in Internet can leverage Azure DNS Zone.
- Generally, it is used to provide CNAME record for Azure services such as Front Door, CDN, Traffic Manager.
Azure Private DNS Zone:
- Here, there is no requirement to own the domain, you can create any domain you want.
- This will not work with Internet requests, this will only work with the private network
- You must link the Private DNS Zones to the VNETs from where you would like to do a DNS resolution.
- The major use cases are Private EndPoints