- Click on the Start menu and select "Settings" (it looks like a gear icon).
Go to Accounts:
- In the Settings window, select "Accounts."
Access Your Info:
- In the left-hand menu, select "Your info."
Sign in with a Microsoft account:
- Under "Your info," you'll see an option to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead." Click on it.
Provide Your Current Password:
- You'll be asked to enter your current local account password for verification.
Sign in with Microsoft Account:
- After you've entered your current password, a window will appear where you can enter the credentials (email address and password) of your Microsoft account. If you don't have a Microsoft account, you can create one at this point.
- Link the Accounts:
- Follow the prompts to link your local account to your Microsoft account. You may be asked to verify your identity using a security code sent to your email or phone.