If you're experiencing issues with keyboard shortcuts like CTRL+C and CTRL+P not working on your LENOVO ThinkPad T14 Gen 2i running Windows 10, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:
Check for Physical Issues:
- Ensure there are no physical issues with your keyboard. Make sure the CTRL keys are not stuck or physically damaged.
Check Keyboard Language Settings:
- Verify that your keyboard language settings are correct. Sometimes, using a different language setting may affect keyboard shortcuts. You can check and change this in the "Language" settings in the Control Panel.
Update or Rollback Keyboard Drivers:
- Go to "Device Manager" (right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager).
- Locate and expand the "Keyboards" section.
- Right-click on your keyboard device and select "Update driver." Choose to search automatically for updated driver software.
- If updating doesn't work, you can also try rolling back the driver to a previous version.
Check for Software Conflicts:
- Some third-party software or conflicting applications might interfere with keyboard shortcuts. Try restarting your computer in Safe Mode to see if the issue persists. If not, it could indicate a third-party software problem.
Run System File Checker (SFC) and DISM:
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run the following commands:
bashCopy code sfc /scannow
mathematicaCopy code DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- These commands will scan and repair system files. Restart your computer afterward.
Create a New User Profile:
- Create a new user profile and check if the keyboard shortcuts work there. This can help determine if the issue is user-specific.
Check for Malware:
- Run a full antivirus scan on your system to ensure there's no malware affecting your keyboard functionality.
Perform a System Restore:
- If the issue started recently, you can try performing a system restore to revert your system to a state where the keyboard shortcuts were working. This can be done through the Control Panel.
- Update Windows:
- Ensure your Windows 10 is fully updated. Go to Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and check for updates.