@Aaron Elder Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
This issue needs deeper investigation. resolution I would recommend you to contact support, so If you have a support plan, I request you file a support ticket, else please do let us know, we will try and help you get a one-time free technical support. In this case, could you send an email to AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com referencing this thread as well as your subscription ID. Please mention "ATTN subm" in the subject field. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and look forward to your reply.
Additional information: Based on the error messages you provided, it's possible that the issue is related to disk corruption on the OS disk. Specifically, the error message "An attempt to write to the file 'C:\Windows\system32\LogFiles\Sum\SystemIdentity.jfm' at offset 0...failed with system error 1453" suggests that there may be an issue with the file system on the OS disk.
To troubleshoot this issue further, I would recommend the following steps:
- Check the health of the OS disk using Azure Disk Health. This service can help identify any issues with the disk, such as disk corruption or other errors.
- Check the system event logs on the VM for any additional error messages that may provide more information about the cause of the reboots and disk corruption.
- Consider creating a new VM and attaching the existing OS disk to the new VM to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the issue is related to the VM itself or the OS disk.
- If the issue persists, consider restoring the OS disk from a previous backup to see if that resolves the issue.
- Explore Virtual Network Configuration & Performance Monitoring(Use performance monitoring tools to track the behavior of the VM over time and identify any patterns leading up to reboots)
Please do not forget to "Accept the answer” and “up-vote” wherever the information provided helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.