Thanks for reaching here-
To ensure a smooth migration, you should follow these steps:
- Plan ahead and identify the scope, objectives, and timeline of the migration project.
- Assess the current state of your data, applications, and infrastructure, and determine the compatibility, dependencies, and risks involved in the migration.
- Choose the right migration strategy, tools, and service provider that suit your needs and budget.
- Test the migration process in a sandbox or staging environment before moving to production.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the migration performance, quality, and security, and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Validate the migration results and verify that everything is working as expected.
What migration options will be available for existing Media Services content?
Both MediaKind and Harmonic will offer dynamic packaging of existing AMS content without requiring the content to be moved to another location or reprocessed in most cases. If you decide not to use this option, you can convert your Media Services assets to CMAF format with HLS and DASH manifests using the initial version of the open-source Azure Media Services Migration Tool. This tool allows you to stream content directly from Azure Storage. See the open issues section of the tools readme for capabilities that will be supported in future versions of this tool.
For more details suggest you refer this- Azure Media Services retirement guide
Hope this helps-
Let us know if you require any further assistance here.