@Chris Clark Here is the information you are looking for.
- February 29th, 2024 is when Continuous Export is officially deprecated as part of the classic Application Insights Component deprecation process.
- This does mean it will no longer work or be accessible.
- Starting March 1st 2024
- Classic components will still remain and be able to receive and ingestion telemetry.
- there will no longer be any ability to create a Classic Application Insights Component, one will only be able to create Log Analytics Workspace based Component.
- Starting April 1st 2024
- Classic components will still remain and be able to receive and ingestion telemetry
- Classic resources will be treated exactly like traditional software that is out of support; there will no fixes, no new compute resources, etc., in other words if there is an issue on the Component side the first step will be to see if that issue exists under a workspace-based component or migrate to the workspace-based component.
- Forced migration plan for existing Classic components is under consideration however what and how that looks is still being decided.
<<update on 02/23>>
Microsoft will begin an automatic phased approach to migrating classic resources to workspace-based resources beginning in May 2024 and this migration will span the course of several months. We can't provide approximate dates that specific resources, subscriptions, or regions will be migrated.
We strongly encourage manual migration to workspace-based resources, which is initiated by selecting the deprecation notice banner in the classic Application Insights resource Overview pane of the Azure portal. This process typically involves a single step of choosing which Log Analytics workspace will be used to store your application data. If you use continuous export, you'll need to additionally migrate to diagnostic settings or disable the feature first. If you don't wish to have your classic resource automatically migrated to a workspace-based resource, you may delete or manually migrate the resource.