Unable to receive email from internal users
Rephrasing my question since I didn't receive any response to my original post.
-We have hybrid environment with our on-prem AD syncing to Azure AD
-John Smith who used to work for our company now moved to another company with whom we have Azure B2B collaboration enabled
-John had member account in our Azure AD
-John was also invited as guest via his new company email
-instead of deleting his member account, we decided merge the guest and member account
-this is how we did it.
- Unsync on-prem email (remove email, set sync to false)
- Wait for next sync job
- Confirm in azure user is COMPLETELY removed (check Deleted Users too)
- Updated his on-prem email field to match his guest email
- Got the Immutable ID for his on-prem email
- Mapped the immutable ID for his guest account in Azure to match the immutable ID from on-prem account
-ever since merging, John cannot receive e-mail from users at his old company, they all get a bounce back.
-John can receive email from external users and users from his new company