Hi @Wajih Arfaoui ,
Welcome to Microsoft Q&A platform and thanks for posting your question.
To estimate the cost of copying tables from SQL server to Azure synapse using ADF, you can use the Azure Pricing calculator and it's essential to understand the specific parameters involved to get an accurate estimate.
First, you need to consider the pricing of the Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics services. Azure Data Factory pricing is based on the number of pipeline orchestration and data movement activities, while Azure Synapse Analytics pricing is based on the number of dedicated SQL pool nodes and the amount of data stored.
Next, you need to consider the data transfer cost between SQL Server and Azure Synapse Analytics. The data transfer cost is based on the amount of data transferred and the region where the data is transferred from and to.
To estimate the cost, you can use the Azure Pricing Calculator. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Azure Pricing Calculator website.
- Select the Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Analytics services.
- Enter the number of pipeline orchestration and data movement activities for Azure Data Factory.
- Enter the number of dedicated SQL pool nodes and the amount of data stored for Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Enter the estimated data transfer volume and the region where the data is transferred from and to.
- Click on the "Add to estimate" button.
- Review the estimated cost for the services.
Keep in mind that the estimated cost is based on the information you provide and may vary based on the actual usage. Also, make sure to review the pricing details for each service to understand the pricing model and any additional costs that may apply.
Hope this helps. Do let us know if you any further queries.
If this answers your query, do click
Accept Answer and
Yes for was this answer helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.