Hello Shambhu Rai,
As per the below documentation, Currently, Azure Synapse Analytics only supports Azure SQL Database and Azure Database for MySQL as an external Hive Metastore. If you don’t have a Azure SQL database, you need to consider setting up "Azure Database for MySQL" to connect Azure Synapse Analytics with a Hive Metastore.
- Synapse Studio object explorer will continue to show objects in managed Synapse metastore instead of the external HMS.
- SQL <-> Spark synchronization doesn't work when using external HMS.
- Only Azure SQL Database and Azure Database for MySQL are supported as external Hive Metastore database. Only SQL authorization is supported.
- Currently Spark only works on external Hive tables and non-transactional/non-ACID managed Hive tables. It doesn't support Hive ACID/transactional tables.
- Apache Ranger integration is not supported.
I hope this answers your quesiton.
If this answers your question, please consider accepting the answer by hitting the Accept answer and up-vote as it helps the community look for answers to similar questions.