Configuration manager cannot connect to site

i8displaynames 6 Reputation points
2024-04-26T10:12:22.62+00:00

Hi,

I have just upgraded Configuration manager from version 2303 to version 2309 and am having an issue running the console remotely. On the server my standard user and domain admin user can run the console without issue, but remotely although my DA account can still run the console my standard user gets the error message below. Seems like it is a permissions issue and I have checked all the permissions that the account needs to run it remotely and everything seems fine, and I have tried giving my standard user admin on my local computer, the server and also given the user sysadmin to the DB but its still won't run. I am at a bit of a loss as to why its not working.

User's image

It works fine on other remote computers as myself and for others so not really sure what I need to do to fix it

Microsoft Configuration Manager
{count} votes

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Simon Ren-MSFT 30,831 Reputation points Microsoft Vendor
    2024-04-29T07:13:49.0333333+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Q&A forum.

    1,Any errors in SMSAdminUI.log under \Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\AdminUILog? The user account that you are using, check if it is added as Administrative User from console:

    Check Administration->Security->Administrative Users and make it a member of the required security role.

    Note: It should have the Site Read permission included.

    2,For a test turn off the firewall, does it work? Have you also tried to simply restart SQL and smsexec?

    Thanks for your time. Have a nice day!

    Best regards,

    Simon


    If the response is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.


  2. Sherry Kissinger 3,966 Reputation points
    2024-05-02T16:01:42.51+00:00

    Just a couple things to try.

    The Easy One: when you hit 'Connecto To Site...' EVEN THOUGH most likely what is listed there looks perfectly fine, wipe it out and carefully retype in the Fully.Qualified.Domain.Name of your server. I've seen it before where I've had this issue, and literally all I have to do is retype it in. Sometimes every single time.

    The Annoying Thing to Try: Since it's User A on the computer, but User B works fine... Delete the profile for User A from that Computer. Completely. Reboot, log back in as User A. Now that it's a whole new profile... it might work.

    0 comments No comments