My Custom Credentials Provider not working intermittently on Windows 10
I have developed the Credential Provider using Microsoft Sample Code by using ICredentialProviderCredential and ICredentialProvider for the following case
The application running on the remote computer takes the credentials through socket communication.
The application passes to Credential Provider via shared memory IPC and notifies Credential Provider via an event
Credential Provider is installed and registered by the application at the time of application installation.
- Creating a thread in ICredentialProvider::Advise method to Poll for Credentials supplied by my application
- Once Credentials available pass it to HRESULT _InitCredentials
This works fine on Windows 7 but intermittently fails on Windows 10.
I have checked, my Credential Provider DLL is being correctly loaded by WinlogonUI everytime the machine is locked and there is no issue in shared memory and thread.
Hello, @Punit Mishra Can you share some details?
- What is the version number of Windows 10 you tested?
- Are you testing on other different windows 10?
- Your credential dll will be loaded when the machine is locked, and then the credential will be called when the machine is unlocked. But under unknown circumstances, the credentials will not be called, is that right?
Sign in to comment