(UWP) Cast to device from MediaPlayerElement not working
I am having issues making Chromecast/Miracast working in my video player application.
- We develop UWP video player app
- I have carefully read and followed https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/audio-video-camera/media-casting
- I have two devices. My TV (Philips) and Xiaomi MiBox - both with Miracast and/or Chromecast support
- I do use CastingDevicePicker object
- CastingDevicePicker displays Philips TV, but does not display MiBox: http://prntscr.com/w2co53 (the 32FP... device is the Philips TV)
- When I click the Philips TV item (32FP...) simply nothing happens
I've added some breakpoints to see if CastingPicker_CastingDeviceSelected event is triggered. It is not getting triggered.
I've also tried to Media casting with a custom device picker, however:
I'm getting Value does not fall within expected range exception when it tries to add found device to the list on line
CastingDevice addedDevice = await CastingDevice.FromIdAsync(args.Id);
Any ideas what's wrong or how to fix that/make casting working?
Edit: My colleague tested the solution with CastingDevicePicker. He has Samsung ue55mu6452u TV and the result is the same as on my Philips TV.
Edit 2: I am able to connect to display using Win+K shortcut and start screen casting.
Edit 3: Issue is gone when installed and switched to English (United states) OS display language. It persists when Czech Windows display language is used.
Another question: Is it possible to allow casting for DRM protected videos? (playready)
Have you tried casting the media with System Movie app? Does it wok?
System app has the same issue. I did more tests right now and found the problem:
For this problem, please post with windows feed back app. And I will discuss with team. If I have any updates, I will update below.
Thanks. I submitted that through feedback hub also.
If you have send feedback with the windows feed back hub app, please share the link here that convenient us track the case state.
Sign in to comment