Trying to build a Sample / Quick Android app for Xamarin.
When it tries to build, I get an error in my MainActivity
"The type or namespace name 'Content' does not exist in the namespace 'MY NAME SPACE' are you missing an assembly reference?"
public override void OnRequestPermissionsResult(int requestCode, string permissions, [GeneratedEnum] Android.Content.PM.Permission grantResults)
This is the default app, prior to me making ANY changes to it.
These are the steps I have tried.
- After that failed, i did this
- Totally uninstalled everything that "Tools>Android>Android SDK Manager" said was intalled.
- I deleted my project folder
- I rebooted my laptop
- I created a new Xamarin Android project in VS
- It failed, stating that I did not have aapt installed
- I followed all of the guidance which suggested running an android.bat file - this failed saying it was obsolete
- I manually installed the SDK and appropriate tools (see final versions below)
- I still get the same errors.
Visual Studio 2019 v 16.8.3
Xamarin v 16.8.000.260
Xamarin.Android SDK v 188.8.131.52
Android SDK Platform 28 and 29
Android Platform Tools 30.0.4
Android SDK Build Tools 29.0.2
Android Emulator 30.0.6
Android SDK Tools 26.1.1
SDK Patch Applier v4