When i am testing the outlook webservices the serviceendpoint is still pointing to old 2010 server and the test is failing

pavan kumar 371 Reputation points
2020-12-18T03:25:28.627+00:00

hi,

i have a co-existence environment 2010 & 2016. recently i am testing the outlookwebservices from one of the 2016 mailbox server and the results show the "serviceendpoint is still showing the old 2010 casserver" what mistake i made and how can i fix or is it a behavior in co-existence environment.

Source ServiceEndpoint Scenario Result Latency
(MS)


new2016.com old2010casserver.com Autodiscover: Outlook Provider Failure 27
new2016-2.com Exchange Web Services Skipped 0
new2016-3.com Availability Service Skipped 0
new2016-4.com Offline Address Book Skipped 0

Microsoft Exchange Online Management
Microsoft Exchange Online Management
Microsoft Exchange Online: A Microsoft email and calendaring hosted service.Management: The act or process of organizing, handling, directing or controlling something.
4,243 questions
Exchange Server Management
Exchange Server Management
Exchange Server: A family of Microsoft client/server messaging and collaboration software.Management: The act or process of organizing, handling, directing or controlling something.
7,389 questions
0 comments No comments
{count} votes

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ashok M 6,506 Reputation points
    2020-12-18T06:10:06.19+00:00

    Hi,

    Please let us know how are you testing the outlook web services? Below are my suggestions,

    Test-OutlookWebServices applies to Exchange 2010 - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/test-outlookwebservices?view=exchange-ps

    For Exchange 2016, try using Test-WebServicesConnectivity - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/test-webservicesconnectivity?view=exchange-ps

    Also, you can create a new mailbox in exchange 2016, configure the outlook and check the EWS features like out of office, calendar free/busy,etc

    Check the URL using Get-WebServicesVirtualDirectory and also the autodiscoverserviceinternaluri in Get-ClientAccessService

    If the above suggestion helps, please click on "Accept Answer" and upvote it


  2. pavan kumar 371 Reputation points
    2020-12-18T19:58:01.867+00:00

    Hi,

    i have tested this again and the error is same:

    now i used the test-webservicesconnectivity -identity:extest_besfsbkkjbskf@keyman .com -mailcredentials (get-credentials).

    Then the results are same: but it checked only two scenarios.

    Source ServiceEndpoint Scenario Result Latency
    (MS)
    ------ --------------- -------- ------ -------
    NY2016.com old2010.com Autodiscover: SOAP Provider Failure 150
    NY2016-2.com EWS: GetFolder Skipped 0