Need guidance on which users need which services

HankH 6 Reputation points

The license I have includes a lot of service features I'm not familiar with and I don't know if I need to even assign them to my users.

Where can I find more information about all the features?

For example, do my students need "Education Analytics" or "Microsoft Forms" or "Power Apps" to name a few?


Microsoft Entra ID
Microsoft Entra ID
A Microsoft Entra identity service that provides identity management and access control capabilities. Replaces Azure Active Directory.
19,304 questions
0 comments No comments
{count} votes

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Vasil Michev 94,131 Reputation points MVP

    Simply search for them online, there's plenty of documentation on each of those. No one here can tell you which services you need, and which you don't, that's up to you to decide. Or you can just disable all the "unknown" ones and only enable them upon request I suppose...

    0 comments No comments

  2. HankH 6 Reputation points

    I've tried searching for them online and that's why I've come here. I was unsuccessful.

    I can't find the documentation.

    So far all I can find are errors when I disable one thing but leave the other thing enabled.

    There's got to be some actual Microsoft created site that lists each of these in detail, alphabetically or in some other kind of organized manner that explains the different services.

    0 comments No comments

  3. jLight 201 Reputation points
    1. Try the link below, from there you determine which one you want to assign by default.
    2. Scroll all the way down, and each product/feature icon will link you to their specific page.
    3. Once you have determined your default apps, you can assign using groups (or use PowerShell if you don't have the proper licensing).
      You must have one of the following licenses to use group-based licensing:
      • Paid or trial subscription for Azure AD Premium P1 and above
      • Paid or trial edition of Office 365 Enterprise E3 or Office 365 A3 or Office 365 GCC G3 or Office 365 E3 for GCCH or Office 365 E3 for DOD and above