problem pasting movie clips from one movie file to another

Anonymous
2016-03-06T21:04:30+00:00

I am using microsoft movie maker with Windows 8.1.  I have numerous home movies that I have edited in different movie maker project files.  I would like to take some of my favorite clips from the different projects and paste them into a new project.  

This has not worked for me.  This is how I have tried to do this.  I open up project file with clip I desire to copy and paste.  I clip on the clip and select copy.  I next open the movie maker project where I desire to paste this, and I click on the highlighted paste clipboard on the top left of the screen.  When I do this, I just get an error kind of ding noise, and then the clipboard paste function is greyed out.

So anyways, how can I copy from one movie maker project to another?

Thanks so much for any help.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-03-06T21:17:09+00:00

Sorry for posting this as I finally figured out one way to do this!  In case anyone else has had any problems, here is what I discovered.

In order for me to paste a clip from one file to another, the destination file needed to have at least one clip already on it.  So what I did was import a video into the file as if to edit it, and then I was able to paste a clip from another movie project into this file, placing the new file beside the existing video clip.  I guess you have to have at least one clip holding a place for the paste function to work.

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful