I trying to install the driver file which is exe file on windows , where i am getting and error as.
I am trying to install the intel wifi driver , which i have downloaded it from dell website as it is a dell computer
This installation is forbidden by system policy. contact your system administrator
Method 1 :
1. Click Start on the Windows taskbar, and then click Run.
2. On the Run window, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
3. On the Group Policy window, navigate to Local Computer Policy, then Computer Configuration, then Administrative Templates, then Windows Components, and then Windows Installer.
4. Double-click Prohibit non-administrators from applying vendor signed updates.
5. Click Disabled, and then click OK.
1. Click Start -> Control Panel
2. Open Administrative Tools
3. Open Local Security Settings
4. Click Software Restriction Policies
5. If no software restrictions are defined, right click the Software Restriction Policies node and select New Software Restriction Policy
6. Double click Enforcement
7. Select "All users except local administrators"
8. Click OK
start > run regedit
Browse the registry to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
Create: DisableMSI Type: REG_DWORD value = 0 (0 should allow you to install it was originally 1)
(In my case the value had been set to 2 so I changed it to 0)
I don't find the product in both of below paths.
Also check on all windows installer services.
Please suggested some thinon this.