In order to record Teams meetings, Microsoft Stream must be enabled for your tenant.
The following prerequisites are required for both the meeting organizer and the person who is initiating the recording:
- User has an Office 365 E1, E3, E5, A1, A3, A5, M365 Business, Business Premium or Business Essentials
- User needs to be licensed for Microsoft Stream1
- User has Microsoft Stream upload video permissions
- User has consented to the company guidelines, if set up by the admin
- User has sufficient storage in Microsoft Stream for recordings to be saved
- User has TeamsMeetingPolicy-AllowCloudRecording setting set to true
- User is not an anonymous, Guest, or federated user in the meeting
- To enable transcription for a user's meeting, the Teams meeting policy they are assigned to must have -AllowTranscription setting must be set to true.
In Microsoft Teams Admin Center, turn on the Allow recording setting in the meeting policy.
As a supplement, you can also refer to this article to learn more about recording a meeting in Teams: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Record-a-meeting-in-Teams-34dfbe7f-b07d-4a27-b4c6-de62f1348c24.