Epson WF-4720 Series Multi Function printer

Anonymous
2019-09-21T09:31:56+00:00

When I print a page from Windows 10 a notice appears on the PC screen: Epson WF-4720 Series - Microsoft.Office.OneNote... [I do not use One Note!].  Also, 'Communication error, incorrect product may be selected. Details: the product is connected to Epson WF-4720 Series [copy 1] [which it is not, it is connected to WF-4720 Series only].

Another Communication error said 'Epson Scanner does not have a driver'.  I do not use the Scanner facility. I have downloaded the software disk on my PC and would have thought a driver would have been installed then. I also installed another driver, to no use.

I cannot check printer port on the Printer Menu to select 'USBXXX' for USB connection

I have checked printer status, software status, etc, still the same result - I cannot print a document from Windows 10.

The Epson User Manual is no help and it is very difficult to find a direct email contact line -  I accidentally found a contact number [which I lost] but too expensive, 10p a minute.

Can someone help?

Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Vijay A. Verma 104.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2019-09-21T10:01:34+00:00

Hi MariaPGN

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, Connect your Printer to the computer and Switch it ON. In case of Wireless printer, Switch it ON and connect it to the Wifi network.

  1. Run printer troubleshooter

Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > On the right side, Click Printer > Run the troubleshooter

  1. Update Printer Driver

Download printer driver from printer manufacturer's website and reinstall.

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/...

  1. Uninstall and reinstall the Printer (Credit to Andre Da Costa, MVP for providing steps)

A. Uninstall Printer

Click on Windows Key+X > Apps and Features > Scroll down and click Programs and Features > Select your printer > Select Uninstall

Type Printer in Cortana Search box > Printers & Scanners > Select your printer > Remove device

Type Printer in Cortana Search box > Click Printers & Scanners > Scroll down and click Print server properties under Related settings > Under Driver tab, look for your printer > Select it and click Remove button at the bottom

B. Install Printer

Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers > Reinstall the Printer driver > Reboot the computer

Type Printer in Cortana Search box > Click Printers & Scanners > On Right side, Click Add a printer or scanner > If Windows detects your printer, it will be listed > Select the printer and follow on screen directions to set it up (In case of Wifi printer, your computer should also be logged into Wifi network)

If Windows doesn't detect your printer, then you will get a blue message - Click The printer that I want isn't listed

If you are using Bluetooth / Wirelss printer > Select Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer > Choose the printer > Select your Printer and follow on screen directions

If you are using wired printer > Select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings > Select Use an existing port > Select your Printer and follow on screen directions

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

(Source - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401540...)

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-09-24T14:21:58+00:00

    Hi Vijay Verma

    Just to say that the printer is now printing, having connected it to the WF-4720 Series [Copy 1], which it refused to last week. I do not understand this, but am pleased that it finally works!

    Thank you for your prompt reply and for your help which I greatly appreciate.

    All the best

    MariaPGN

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-21T11:47:43+00:00

    Thank you Vijay Verma

    I will come back to you asap

    Regards

    MariaPGN

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments