Since the May update, apps are not fully uninstalling in Xbox Dev Mode. I've tested this with a couple of different apps, but I only have one Xbox to test with.
- Create a Blank UWP app and deploy it to your Xbox
- Terminate the app
- Uninstall the app via the Dev Mode home page
- Redeploy the app from Visual Studio or install the package via Device Portal
- The app does not install with various errors
- Open File Explorer in Device Portal and observe that the app files are still there, even though the app does not appear in the apps list.
- The only work around I've found is to do a factory reset on the Xbox to clear out the files.
I'm currently investigating a bug in my own app that only happen's on first launch. Because if the above issue, I'm forced to do a factory reset on the Xbox each time I deploy/debug my app. This is a huge waste of my time.
In lieu of Microsoft releasing a fix to the above issue, can someone recommend a less brut force way to manually uninstall the app files than a factory reset?
I hope this is the correct place to post this issue, as I see that there are no "xbox" tags available. I'm not able to find any other forum that seems to service Xbox Dev Mode related issues. Let me know if there's another place I should post this. Thanks.
Here's the error I get in Device Portal when attempting to reinstall the app:
Failure reason: The current user has already installed an unpackaged version of this app. A packaged version cannot replace this. The conflicting package is NCAADigital.NCAAMarchMadnessLive and it was published by CN=695E2BDC-FD16-4B7C-9409-428DDCA55B4F. Failure text: The provided package is already installed, and reinstallation of the package was blocked. Check the AppXDeployment-Server event log for details. (0x80073cfb)