Error when executing Active Directory activity using MS integration pack

Justin D 61 Reputation points
2021-03-24T22:56:21.543+00:00

I am working on creating a new runbook to perform decommission activities.
I have loaded and configured the active directory integration pack from Microsoft. The runbook is pretty simple.
Initialize data > get computer > Delete computer > invoke next runbook
When using the runbook tested it passes when finding the computer but fails with the following error when attempting to perform the delete computer activity
The parent path '' was not found.

Exception: AdParentPathNotFoundException
Target site: LdapComputer.CreateExisting

Stack trace:
at Microsoft.Accelerators.ActiveDirectoryCore.LdapComputer.CreateExisting(ISafeDirectoryFactory factory, DistinguishedName distinguishedName)
at Microsoft.Accelerators.ActiveDirectoryCore.LdapDirectory.CreateExistingComputer(DistinguishedName distinguishedName)
at Microsoft.SystemCenter.IntegrationPack.ActiveDirectory.Execution.DeleteComputerExecutor.CreateExecutionObject(ILdapDirectory ldapDirectory)
at Microsoft.SystemCenter.IntegrationPack.ActiveDirectory.Execution.AExecutor.Execute()
at Microsoft.SystemCenter.IntegrationPack.ActiveDirectory.Execution.ActiveDirectoryProgram.ExecuteProxy(ExecutionProxy proxy)
at Microsoft.SystemCenter.IntegrationPack.ActiveDirectory.AActiveDirectoryActivity.Execute(IActivityRequest request, IActivityResponse response)

It looks like the previous "get computer" activity did not pass any results to the next step or it did not find the object even though it shows as passed. Can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this?

System Center Orchestrator
System Center Orchestrator
A family of System Center products that provide an automation platform for orchestrating and integrating both Microsoft and non-Microsoft IT tools.
149 questions
No comments
{count} votes

Accepted answer
  1. Stefan Horz 2,221 Reputation points
    2021-03-26T20:26:57.307+00:00

    Hi @Justin D ,

    sorry, one sceenshot in my answer was obviously not enough and confusing.
    I configured "Get Computer" like below, Filter with "Common Name:
    81957-delete-computer-1.jpg
    I got one result. One Published Data is "Sam Account Name". I showed only because I could get it the success of "Delete Computer" in one screenshot and to show that I got a result. More important for example is Count to see the number of results. The Display Name in your filter is empty in at least the result of my example. With Display Name as filter I won't get a result:
    81991-delete-computer-2.jpg

    The "Delete Computer" Activity I filtered like this.
    81947-delete-computer-3.jpg

    I would also configure the link condition to trigger "Delete Computer" only if "Get Computer" has a result:
    82001-delete-computer-4.jpg

    Regards,
    Stefan

    Regards,
    Stefan

    No comments

2 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Horz 2,221 Reputation points
    2021-03-26T16:28:26.943+00:00

    Hi,

    here it works:

    81953-delete-computer.jpg

    Make sure:

    • you described {Distinguished Name from "Get Computer"} in "Delete Computer" Activity.
    • you get at least 1 computer with "Get Computer" Activtiy

    Regards,
    Stefan


  2. Justin D 61 Reputation points
    2021-03-26T21:18:36.203+00:00

    @Stefan Horz thank you once again for the helpful answer. That did the trick for me. You have also given me some good ideas for handling other items as well!

    No comments