I am using windows 2019 core OS and created 2 node cluster with FailoverCluster Manager.
1. Discover the iscsi volume from Node1 and connect to it
2. set the volume state to online
3. Initialize the disk
4. partition and assign drive letter Z: and format it
5. Discover the same iscsi volume from Node2 and connect to it
6. Get-volume shows Z:\ for the volume
7. Get-ClusterAvailableDisk did list this volume
8. Get-ClusterAvailableDisk | Add-ClusterDisk
9. Add-ClusterFileServerRole with this volume ( Cluster Disk 2)
10. After the fileserver role has been added successfully, Get-voulme shows the drive letter as E:\ on Node1
11. The same E:\ was assigned to Quorum volume and it was owned by Node2
This seems to be an issue, i have couple of questions here
1. Why the drive letter i assigned got unassigned and some other drive letter got assigned
2. Even the automatic drive letter which was assigned after the fileserver role enabled seems to not have the driveletter which is next free available driveletter considering this is a cluster environment, as now i have E:\ point the fileserver in node1 and quorum in node2.
Can anyone please let me know if you have seen this behavior. Am i missing something here.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your time!