I was using the Default Domain Policy to deploy a registry key for AutoConfigURL setting, since two months ago, I have changed a new URL for AutoConfigURL but apparently; the new URL did not apply properly.
I tried to delete the Registry entry created by Default Domain Policy and using a policy called GPO-Apps for the new Registry key in "User Configuration | Preferences | Windows Settings | Registry", but the old AutoConfigURL always shows when I run gpresult /h report.htm
It said, the Default Domain Policy win the policy
Winning GPO Default Domain Policy
Key path Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
Value name AutoconfigURL
Value type REG_SZ
Value data http://pac.company.com/d49fc30a-ce8a-425d-bf61-3a4cc13c81e8/proxy.pac
Actually, the Value data shown here is old.
I went through the entire GPO but none of the setting is using my old AutoConfigURL setting, I doubt if something not written to Windows properly, so eventhough I saw the setting in GPO user interface is correct, but somewhere is not updated.
Also; I always got the version mismatch issue. I tried to apply the hotfix Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB2919394) but no help.
Default Domain Policy AD / SYSVOL Version Mismatch,Enforced
GPO-Apps AD / SYSVOL Version Mismatch