How to fix - This device isn't compatible with Windows 10 - Volume (Microsoft)

Anonymous
2020-07-30T22:19:35+00:00

Hi,

When updating to  Windows 10, version 1903, I get a message: "This device isn't compatible in Windows 10. Contact the manufacturer for more information."

The incompatible device is listed as "Volume (Microsoft)".

I tried to update the driver of the Storage volumes -> Volume under the Device Manager, but I get the following error: "Windows was unable to install your Volume".

Except for updating Windows, everything works just fine. I use HP Elitebook 840 G3.

Any hint as what could be done to fix the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

10 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-02T01:47:53+00:00

    Hi! I'm Dan! An Independent Advisor and also a Microsoft user for several years. I'll be more than happy to assist you today!

    Please check out this article to further understand the cause of this issue and how to fix it. https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-2004-devic...

    I hope this information is helpful. Please keep me updated on the status of this issue. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will be glad to assist you.

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Best regards,

    Dan

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-01T00:35:32+00:00

    Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.431)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T23:28:23+00:00

    Thank you, Chander, for a prompt response!

    I checked the link you provided and downloaded both drivers provided in the links on the HP page.

    sp58626 ran smoothly. However, sp64144 returned "Property_ERR_SYSTEM_NOT_SUPPORTED" and stopped.

    Despite that, I ran Win update again. However, I still got the same error as before.

    I checked System Firmware in the Device Manager and it is supposed to be up to date.

    Any additional idea? :-)

    Thank you again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T22:55:20+00:00

    Hello Dean,

    My Name is Chander and I am Independent Advisor and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I hope I can help you on your concern.

    Please check the solutions that are specified in the link below that can address this specific issue.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T00:30:14+00:00

    Please go here - https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/laptops

    Enter the serial number of your laptop.

    Download all the firmware\storage drivers. Install on your laptop.

    Try the upgrade again.

    let me know how it goes?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments