This is not a complete answer - just a report of the same thing and a suggestion to try the Windows Consumption Plan instead. The commenting system seemed to be down when I posted this
I think I might be hitting the same issue.
Here's what I'm doing:
- create a new linux consumption plan on the azure portal
- create a slot called "staging"
- deploy a test function to the staging slot, and confirm that it's working with postman.
- use the azure portal to trigger a swap with production (this is different from what @Andrew Connell did but it appears to yield the same result).
- the portal indicates that the swap succeeded, and if you view the logs in Deployment Slots > Logs, everything I can see there shows "Success", too.
When I try out the test function for the production slot, I get 404 errors, and I don't see my test function in the azure portal in the production slot. The function is still in the "staging" slot as if the swap never occurred.
When I try the same thing with a windows consumption plan, everything works as expected.
In the docs, staging slots for Linux Consumption Plan functions are listed as "Preview" (not GA) status: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-deployment-slots#support-levels
I wonder if this is a bug associated with the preview? I'm happy to file it somewhere and provide more details/logs.