How to disable command shutdown /r ?

Anonymous
2025-03-21T14:35:03+00:00

I've been trying to disable restart from my win 11 to prevent me from going in safe mode
I already removed restart option from everywhere, but command still works what to do?

I even tried deleing safe mode registry but that led me to my PC prblms so I had to fresh install win 11 again
pls I need another solution of this 🙏🙏

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T10:52:23+00:00

    thanks, i will be careful 🫡🫡🫡

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T09:15:21+00:00

    Dear Aditya Phalak!

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community!

    First, I would like to understand why you want to disable the ability to enter safe mode. Safe mode is an important recovery tool for Windows systems, used to diagnose and repair major system failures. Disabling this feature completely may cause inconvenience when needed in the future.

    Regarding the problem you mentioned that you cannot completely disable the restart command, it is true that the Windows system itself does not provide an option to directly disable safe mode, and the restart process also involves the BIOS level, so it cannot be completely disabled.

    Detailed explanation of why you need to disable safe mode. Once we understand your specific needs, we can find a more suitable solution.

    If your goal is to prevent other users from entering safe mode, please consider restricting unauthorized access by setting a strong password, disabling access to the boot menu, etc. Then Windows restart will inevitably go through the motherboard's BIOS, and you can also set an access password in the BIOS as an alternative.

    For enterprise or professional users, access to safe mode can be restricted through group policies, but this requires certain technical expertise.

    Be very careful when deleting registry keys or making other deep changes to the system. Improper operations may cause system instability or data loss.

    Please consider the above suggestions and provide more information about your needs so that we can better serve you.

    Thank you for your understanding and support! 

    I wish you all the best.

    Best regards,

    Yang.Z - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments