is this processor compatible with windows 11 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

Anonymous
2025-02-25T22:14:31+00:00

I am using a Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 16 GB of Ram my processor is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

is this compatible to upgrade to windows 11?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-02-26T00:33:03+00:00

Great, I am happy that worked. Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

You're most welcome and have a great day.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T00:23:02+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T00:16:20+00:00

    thank you, I was afraid f that as I too did not see this processor listed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-02-25T22:47:53+00:00

    Hi, good day! I'm John and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

    I'm sorry, i7-7700 is not on the list of Windows 11 supported Intel processors so it is not compatible to upgrade to Windows 11.

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns by clicking the "Reply" button at the end of my response. I will appreciate it.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments