How can I enter my laptop if I forgot my PIN while I have a MS account?

Anonymous
2024-12-19T20:01:30+00:00

How can I enter my laptop if I forgot my PIN while I have a MS account?

I remember I did it months ago and I changed the PIN after that but after that an update came and it asked me to change my PIN to make it only numbers.

I don't remember what did I add and I forgot it.

Can I make a PIN reset request by another device just like my phone I'm using now to change my PIN, and then added into my laptop?

I remember I did that but I don't remember how.

Plz if anyone can help me because I need to use my laptop I use it all day.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T20:36:47+00:00

    Hello,

    On the lockscreen when you go to enter your password/PIN, there should be a button that says "I forgot my PIN". Push that, follow the prompts on-screen, and you should be able to reset your PIN that way. You cannot change the PIN from another device, as the PIN is stored locally (on the device that you made the PIN on).

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments