Exchange 2013 / OAB not working anymore

George Ntavelis 66 Reputation points
2021-05-14T14:54:59.157+00:00

Hello!

We have (5) vm's running Exchange 2013 cu21. Two of them are used for CAS role (One to the production site one to the DR) and the other remaining three are mailbox servers. Two of them are located to PR site and one of them to the DR. What is the problem... OAB stopped working from all Outlook clients (Outlook 2016/2019). The outlook error is Task' mymail@companydomain.com' reported error 0x80072F06: 'Unknown error 0x80072F06'

Could you please let me know what i have to check first?

Thank you
George

Exchange Server Management
Exchange Server Management
Exchange Server: A family of Microsoft client/server messaging and collaboration software.Management: The act or process of organizing, handling, directing or controlling something.
7,241 questions
0 comments No comments
{count} votes

Accepted answer
  1. Zhengqi Lou-MSFT 8,856 Reputation points Microsoft Vendor
    2021-05-17T02:12:53.683+00:00

    Hi @George Ntavelis ,

    Here are some common methods for the OAB issue:

    1. Delete the old OAB files and try downloading manually, it in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Offline Address Book
    2. Reset the profile: Control Panel > User Account > Mail > Show Profile > Remove and then add.
    3. Try updating OAB on EMS: Update-OfflineAddressBook
    4. Creating a new OAB and assign it to the database: New-OfflineAddressBook -Name "OAB" -AddressLists "Default Global Address List" -GlobalWebDistributionEnabled $true

    Use the Exchange Management Shell to create offline address books

    Best regards,
    Lou


    If the response is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it.
    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    1 person found this answer helpful.

2 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hisham Abdallah 6 Reputation points
    2021-07-14T09:19:42.02+00:00

    I had the same, creating a new offline address book solved the problem.
    thanks to ZhengqiLou

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. George Ntavelis 66 Reputation points
    2021-05-21T14:04:25.853+00:00

    Sorry for the delay of my response

    I tried before posting the question the steps 1,2 and 3 nothing much happened.
    Then i tried step 4 and it worked. I created a new OAB and attached it to the database. After a few minutes i went to an outlook client and i run test autoconfiguration. The url of OAB was pointing to the correct (new) offline address book. I went to send/receive and manually i tried to download the address book. It worked

    Thank you

    0 comments No comments