My microphone stop working suddenly but when I renable the mic it works

Anonymous
2024-07-25T12:22:27+00:00

So my headset microphone cutout any sounds suddenly which is a problem I never had in Win10 it all started when i got this new laptop with Win11 on it,

It kept stopping always in the middle of discussions or chats, First I thought the problem might be Discord after trying to fix it Discord wasn't the problem.

went to check the input devices and it appears to me that windows changes something that make the input from the mic so quite that it doesn't respond until I renable the mic which I think it reset the thing it done and the mic works again?!

I am using (ASUS ROG Strix G16) if this would help

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-07-25T13:01:40+00:00

Hi SulSiege. I am an Independent Advisor. I'd be more than happy to assist you. I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Don't worry, I'll do everything I can to help you.

Outdated or corrupted audio drivers could cause this issue.

  1. Make sure you have a compatible audio driver for Windows 11. Visit the ASUS support website for your specific model to download and install the latest audio drivers.
  2. Enable the Microphone and set it as the default device:

Press the Windows key + R.

In the Run box that appears, type mmsys.cpl and press Enter.

Select the Recording tab.

Right-click your Microphone and click Enable.

Right-click it again and set it as the Default Device.

Right-click the Microphone, and click Properties.

In the Levels tab, drag the volume slider towards the highest value, then click OK.

Proceed to the Advanced Tab and uncheck the box "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device."

  1. Click the Start Menu > Settings > Privacy > Microphone, and make sure 'Allow apps access' is turned ON.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T19:36:53+00:00

    You're most welcome. I'm glad to help.

    Give back to the community. To assist others facing the same issue, please mark the reply that best resolved your problem by clicking "Yes" or "No" below it, and take a moment to rate my service. Have a great day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T19:32:43+00:00

    thanks for the steps again its seems to be working perfectly went on 2h chat without it cutting suddenly thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T18:55:44+00:00

    Sure, I'll wait for the results. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T13:53:44+00:00

    Thanks for the steps I tried the last 2 because i couldn't find my product.

    I can't test the mic atm but I'll reply asap if it's fixed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments