Apps say I don't have. Netframework installed but I do.

Anonymous
2024-04-04T18:50:32+00:00

I've had a problem starting a few different apps such as discord and dayz client, it says this application could not be started, this application requires one of the following versions(Version=v4. 5.1) . I have this version installed in multiple drives. I've tried every guide out there including reinstalling, everything sort of rebooting my pc.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-05T11:35:09+00:00

    Hello, thomasblofield.

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    I have some ideas.

    Please try the add feature in the control panel.

    The method of manually downloading and installing packages from my memory has become obsolete since Windows 10.

    Press Win+R to open Windows Run -> Type "optionalfeatures" and open it -> Check ".Net framework 4.8" -> Wait for the installation to complete -> Restart Windows

    Here is the documentation I found:

    Install the .NET Framework on Windows 10 - .NET Framework | Microsoft Learn

    If it doesn't work, please try the methods mentioned in the document.

    If there are any updates, please feel free to reply.

    Best regards.

    Malygos - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments