what does, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' error mean?

Anonymous
2024-04-24T14:43:41+00:00

I am getting an error when trying to make a master image, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' how do I resolve this

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T10:48:48+00:00

    Hello CORALIC Alisa,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community!

    I understand that you encountered errors when trying to make a master image, and I understand that you are having trouble changing the situation.

    In order to better understand your problem, I would like to confirm some information with you:

    Are you trying to create a system image using Windows 7 Backup and Recovery?

    Thank you for the error message you shared with us. "Unable to create image due to metadata error in the file system" Usually indicates that there may be some corruption in the system files. You can try using DISM and SFC to check and repair the system to see how it goes.

    To do this, right-click "Start > end point /PowerShell/Command Prompt (Admin) " and type the following command:

    DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH 
    
    SFC /SCANNOW 
    

    It is normal to need more time at 62.3%. If there is no error, it is recommended to wait a little longer.

    After running the command, save the output screenshot and restart. Check if the problem persists.

    If the problem persists, please share with us a screenshot of the DISM and SFC check and fix system command output, which may determine our next steps.

    I hope you can resolve the issue smoothly, and any sharing about the progress of this thread is highly welcomed!

    Best Regards ,

    Morning | Microsoft Technical Support Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments