How do I uninstall Microsoft IME on Windows 11?

Anonymous
2024-02-04T00:05:10+00:00

So Microsoft IME editor introduces new fonts and changes the previous default japanese one.
I don't like the new one and I cannot change them.
On windows 10 I fixed this problem by simply uninstalling Microsoft IME, which brought back the first default font,
but I cannot find a way to do it on Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-04T07:15:28+00:00

    Hi

    Welcome to Microsoft community.

    In Windows 11, the process to uninstall or manage Input Method Editors (IMEs) like Microsoft IME is slightly different than in previous versions. Here are the steps to do it:

    1. Click on the 'Start' button and select 'Settings'.
    2. In the 'Settings' window, select 'Time & Language'.
    3. Then, select 'Typing' from the sidebar menu.
    4. Under the 'Advanced Keyboard Settings' section, click on 'Input method' to view the installed IMEs.
    5. Find 'Microsoft IME' in the list and click on the three dots (...) next to it.
    6. Click 'Remove'.

    Please note that uninstalling an IME might affect your ability to input text in the corresponding language. If you want to continue typing in Japanese but prefer a different IME, you might need to install a third-party Japanese IME before uninstalling Microsoft IME.

    If these steps do not resolve your issue, or if you're unable to remove Microsoft IME through these settings, it might be a more complex issue that would require further troubleshooting.

    Best regards

    Derrick Qian | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments