Is my laptop battery ok?

Anonymous
2023-12-06T15:56:14+00:00

I was noticing a sudden performance drop in my laptop so I decided to give it in servicing and reset it completely. Later when it came back, still it was not able to give out performance, as in it was not able to give 60 FPS in normal Minecraft game.

I brought it in 2020 and specs are:

Laptop - Asus Vivobook 15

Device name - LA*******5S

Processor - 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz

Graphics Card - MX330 (2GB)

Installed RAM - 8.00 GB (7.70 GB usable)

System type - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch - No pen or touch input is available for this display

Things I did:

  • Opened the back lid and cleaned the dust although there was no severe dust I found.
  • Reset it completely and changed the OS.
  • It is totally updated. (Windows and all drivers)
  • Turned off all startup apps and unused background processes.
  • Kept my laptop in a free air ventilated place and used a cooling fan as well.
  • Called a laptop service guy who told me there can be a faulty battery or charger.

I got my battery report from two consecutive days (idk why I am not able to upload images here)

On 29th Nov - The full charge capacity was 26,212 mWh.

On 30th Nov - The full charge capacity was 30,099 mWh.

Is something wrong with my battery or charge?

(I never used any other chargers)

_

<Edited to remove PII>

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-20T02:11:01+00:00

Hello ,

Glad your issue was resolved, and thanks for your sharing, your creative solutions will help others with the same problem and provide us with new ideas and methods to solve similar problems.

If you have any other questions related to Microsoft products, you can post your question in the corresponding section of this forum and we will try our best to help you.

We value your feedback, click Yes or No to help others with the same problem and help us improve the support experience.

Have a good day!

Best Regards,

Mosken_L - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

4 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T14:43:09+00:00

    I am really sorry for my late reply as my exams were going on.

    and the thing about the battery and FPS drop, I did what you asked me to do and it solved my whole problem.

    I discharged it till zero and recharged it all over again and DAMNN!!, everything is well and good now.

    Thank you so much :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T10:42:55+00:00

    Hello ,

    I haven't received your message yet. How's it going?

    If there's anything else I can do for you or something's unclear, don't hesitate to let me know.

    Best Regards,

    Mosken_L - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-08T18:22:11+00:00

    This is my windows specification:
    EditionWindows 11 Home Single Language

    Version23H2

    Installed on‎14-‎07-‎2023

    OS build22631.2506

    ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22677.1000.0

    The basic hardware information:

    Thank you so much for your response. I'll try the three methods that you advised me and will let you know if my problem is solved or not.

    And also please let me know about the laptop laging issue too if you can.

    And as I am able to attach screenshots now here are the battery reports if you wanna have a look:

    Image

    Image

    (I didn't expect any replies coz once long time ago, I posted a question from another old account and I got zero responses for 8 months.)

    _

    <Edited to remove PII>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-07T08:51:28+00:00

    Hello ,

    Good to see you in Microsoft Community.

    Firstly, could you let me know the specific system version (OS Build)? You can check it by pressing Win + X > System > Windows specifications*, click “Copy” and paste it in your next reply*.

    Then please check the basic hardware information of your device. Win + Q to open the search box, type “msinfo32”, then open “System Information”, please take a screenshot of it and attach it to your next reply.

    The information you've provided indicates that there has been a noticeable increase in the full charge capacity of your laptop battery from 26,212 mWh on November 29th to 30,099 mWh on November 30th. In general, an increase in full charge capacity is unusual and may indicate a reporting error or a calibration issue with the battery.

    You can follow the steps below:

    1. Battery Calibration: Sometimes, recalibrating the battery can help. You can do this by allowing the battery to fully discharge (until the laptop shuts down due to low battery) and then fully charge it without interruption. Or visit Caring for your battery in Windows - Microsoft Support for more details.
    2. Battery Health Software: Some laptops come with battery health software that allows you to calibrate and check the health of your battery. Check if your laptop has such software installed.
    3. Check Power Settings: Ensure that your power settings are configured correctly. Go to "Power & sleep settings" and check the power plan settings, making sure it's set to a balanced or high-performance mode.

    Additionally, since this problem is more likely a hardware issue, I suggest you contact ASUS official after-sales technical support to help you with hardware testing, as they would be the best resource to provide you with specific guidance and solutions for their product.

    If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

    Best Regards,

    Mosken_L - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments