Azure App Service remote debugging fails to load modules
In the past I've never had any issues remote debugging my Windows base Azure Web App. It's been some time since I need to do remote debugging but I cannot get modules to load or breakpoints to be hit. I'm using VS 2019 (16.10.0) and it seems to connect to the debugger just fine but I am unable to do any useful debugging tasks.
- I have a Debug version of my app deployed.
- I've made sure there are firewall exceptions on my dev machine via port and application rules just to make sure.
- I have reinstalled VS 2019 on one machine twice now.
- I've experience this behavior on 3 separate machines now, two using my user account and one a coworker tried from.
- One machine I just did a clean install of Windows and VS 2019.
- Additionally, I've tried swapping out the version of msvsmon.exe on my dev machine to a number of older versions and even pulled the version from my web app using Kudu.
I've been trying to search for recent issues online but I'm unable to find anything. Digging for an answer online, I've checked every setting and recommendation I can find. All attempts to fix this result in the same behavior. I've run out of things to check at this point. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello @Troy Hughes , welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum and sorry to hear that this issue blocks you.
Is it possible for you to test a simple newly created web app on your side to see whether this issue also appears on a new web app? If you try to test a new web app, please make sure you will set it to
Debugduring the process of build, publish, deploy… Besides, the version 16.10.0 of VS 2019 is a newly released version, so this may be a potential issue, if this issue still appears on a new app, I suggest you report it to VS Product Team by using Help > Send Feedback > Report a Problem option.
Sign in to comment